This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Routing through IPsec tunnel to Juniper Gateway

Hello,

I have the the following VPN setup:

Remote site:                                                                                                                Local site:

NET: 10.14.26.0/24 - GW 10.239.29.1 - 10.239.0.0/16=(Juniper GW <Tunnel> Sophos GW)=172.16.255.0/24

In order to reach the 10.14.26.0 network from the local site, I would add this network to the "remote networks" the local Sophos, and on the remote site this network would have to be added to the "local networks" on the Juniper. Then this connection would come up as a seperate SA.

For whatever reason, this seems to be a problem to configure on the Juniper router. I can just establish a connection to the 10.239.0.0 network on the remote site. Nevertheless I guess that they have configured something like "Any" for the local networks on the Juniper

I have tried adding a static route to the 10.14.26.0 network via the 10.239.29.1 gateway (which is reachable from my local site), and I added a firewall rule to allow traffic from local network to the 10.12.26.0 network, but it wasn't possible to reach any host on that network. This might however be caused by several reasons, but a traceroute ends at the Sophos..

So my basic question is:

Is it possible at all to send traffic through a VPN to networks on the remote site which are not  declared "remote networks" in the VPN definition (which means a corresponding definition is needed on the remote VPN definition)? Does anybody have such a setting up and running?

Regards

Matthias

This thread was automatically locked due to age.