This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Setting up remote access without user intervention?

I'm looking at the guides to set up remote access for ipsec & ssl and both of them refer to the user logging onto the portal and downloading the config and certs.

Is there a way to do this without involving the user? ie The admin sets the config up and installs the user cert without using the user portal?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Louis,

A workaround for this situation is to restrict access to User Portal for specific User and network. PFA screenshot

Thanks

Sachin Gurung
    Team Lead | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Hi Sachin,

bit of misunderstanding here. I want to setup a remote user but I can't see any guides on how to do it without using the user portal. I can't login to the USER A's user portal because I don't know the credentials. I don't want to either.

What I want to do is setup remote access for USER A via ipsec or ssl using USER A's certificate and config.

If I was USER A, I would simply go into my user portal and download the config and certificate and away i go.... easy vpn.

But how do I (as the admin of the system) create a remote access vpn (ssl or ipsec) without going into their console? They need their console for other stuff eg black/white lists so I can't stop them using it or change their AD credentials to access it.

• Hi Louis,

If you are trying to setup a VPN policy for User, you have to configure it through the Web Admin. Later, the user can login to user portal and set up the VPN client and configurations. I am still confused, correct me if I miss something.

Please refer this : https://www.sophos.com/en-us/support/knowledgebase/116038.aspx

Thanks

Sachin Gurung
    Team Lead | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Louis, on the 'Users' tab in 'Users & Groups', you see a checkbox to the left of each user name.  Check that for the user you want to set up and then click on 'Action' at the top of that column to download a zip of what you want.  Send that zip to the user with appropriate instructions.

Does that answer your question?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Oh my word! I didn't even know that functionality was there.

That's exactly what I was after Bob. Thank you very much.

Now I'm really going to have to look around the GUI to see what other hidden extra's there are......