Help us enhance your Sophos Community experience. Share your thoughts in our Sophos Community survey.

This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Auto User/Pass for SSL VPN Client

Hi all,

When using the SSL VPN client I'm prompted for my username and password.

This is because of the auth-user-pass directive on the config file.

What's the preferred method / best practice for allowing me my SSL VPN to connect without having to be prompted for the second stage authentication?

Reason: I have a bunch of dumb machines that do "stuff" - when they boot I just want them to login and auto-connect via SSL VPN.

TIA,

James

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Far as I'm aware, this isn't a viable solution.

SSL vpn is meant to be a roadwarrior & a secure solution, hence the requirement  to log in and authenticate to the astaro - which again is a security device. 

If you have 'dumb' machines that need to communicate with the mother ship so to speak, I would suggest a site to site vpn configuration to deal with this. In the long run easier to configure, maintain and the description of what you are requiring, is what site<>site was designed for.
  • With a self compiled OpenVPN Client it is possible to set the username and password in a textfile and write the name of the file behind the 

"auth-user-pass" yourtextfile.txt

If you want use the Astaro SSL Client use a Version before V7.1 !!!