This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Switch on RED box

We have a satellite office in NYC with two workstations (on port replicators), a printer and an IP phone which fill the 4 available ports on our RED. Most of the traffic goes through the workstations. We need to add two workstations. Is the performance of a RED 15 affected in any way if I expand it with a 5 port (unmanaged) switch? And is there a preferred brand of switch to use? I have a Netgear available.

Thanks,

Tom

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Tom,

The maximum throughput supported by the RED 15 is 90 Mbps but there are no restrictions on the Users connected via RED. The only variance in the performance that will be observed will be associated with the throughput. There is no preference of brand to use a switch. 

Thanks

Sachin Gurung
    Team Lead | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Hi Tom,

The maximum throughput supported by the RED 15 is 90 Mbps but there are no restrictions on the Users connected via RED. The only variance in the performance that will be observed will be associated with the throughput. There is no preference of brand to use a switch. 

Thanks

Sachin Gurung
    Team Lead | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

Children
No Data