This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Webfilter Websites are not opening

Hello,

I have Sophos UTM FW: 9.506-2 Version Webfiltering - Transparent Mode activated. In the last time, some websites are not opening. Checked with Firefox , Safari and Chrome to be sure its not a browser issue. When opening the websites on my Mobile with GSM Connection, the Websites open fine. 

WHen checking the following example urls, in Policy Helpdesk Test, they are allowed, but not open via the connection over the UTM.

http://xoco.no

http://www.viennatour.at

Any Idea what can be the Problem, how I can solve this. Other websites are working fine.

Thx

Best Regards

Sally

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Sally,

maybe check the corresponding log for proxy if you find anything related to these sites or time related.

-

• Hello Alexander,

when trying to access the pages, I get the following message in Webiltering - Live Log:

2018:01:03-09:08:24 sec httpproxy[5350]: id="0002" severity="info" sys="SecureWeb" sub="http" name="web request blocked" action="block" method="GET" srcip="192.168.0.10" dstip="" user="" group="" ad_domain="" statuscode="400" cached="0" profile="REF_DefaultHTTPProfile (Default Web Filter Profile)" filteraction=" ()" size="2617" request="0xdd5a0400" url="/wpad.dat" referer="" error="Received invalid request from Client" authtime="0" dnstime="0" cattime="0" avscantime="0" fullreqtime="148" device="0" auth="0" ua="Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_13_2) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/63.0.3239.84 Safari/537.36" exceptions="

Best Regards

Sally

• This entry indicates that the client us attempting to automatically configure a standard proxy by looking for wpad.dat.

It is probably not related to your oroblem, but disable it to eliminate clutter.   On Windows PCs, it is in Internet Options... Connections... LAN settings.

Then look for a different log entry.

• Hello Douglas,

thanks for the reply. I deactivated in Safari the Auto Proxy Setting and checked again, but I get the same message in the Webfilter Live Log (Working Websites and not working Websites).

Where else I can check?

Thanks

Best Regards

Sally 

• Hi Sally,

Please show one line each from the Web Filter log for blocks of xoco.no and www.viennatour.at.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hello Bob,

there are no blocks for xoco.no and www.viennatour.at in the Webfilter Log.

What else I can check?

Thx

Regards

Sally

• So, the accesses are bypassing the proxy?  If that's the case and there are no blocks in the Firewall log, does #3.1 in Rulz help?

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hello Bob,

I have the following configuration:

Internal Network:

GW: 192.168.0.1
    DNS: 192.168.0.1

DMZ VPN Network:

GW: 10.0.0.1
    DNS: 10.0.0.1

Interfaces - Static Routing - Policy Routes:

Target:  VPN Router DMZ
    Internal (Networks) - Internal - Any - Internet IPV4

1. When I have the Policy Route activated Internet Connection is working but some Pages are not working like xoco.no, sovats.com etc.
    2. When I deactivate the Policy Route and the Internet Connection don't go over the VPN Connection, complete all Pages are working
    3. When I connect my Laptop directly to the VPN Router in the DMZ all Pages are working

Web Filtering Global Allowed Networks:

Internal Network
    DMZ VPN Network 

What can be the issue? 

Thx

Regards

Sally

• It's not a good idea to use a 10.0.0.0/8 subnet.  What happens if you change that to a /24 subnet?

I'm confused by your topology.  What is your VPN router doing?  Where is your WAN connection?  Maybe we could start with a picture of your 'Interfaces' tab...

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hello Bob,

i changed the subnet to 10.0.0.0 /24, same result, some of the websites are not opening.

The VPN Router in the DMZ is configured as VPN Client and is connected to the PIA VPN Service. The Router is in Gateway Mode, and with the Policy Route all traffic from internal network should be routed over the VPN Connection to the Internet

Thx

Sally