This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to report spam

I tried to report spam using the instructions given here https://www.sophos.com/en-us/support/knowledgebase/23113.aspx.

All of my emails to is-spam@labs.sophos.com were marked Quarantined: Spam (confirmed) by my UTM 9.

Funny yes, but how am I supposed to send spam samples?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Is this still valid today (2019)?

Because in the KB is a statement “Note: This article does not cover Sophos UTM product.”

Best regards

Alex

-

• There's a new article just for UTM now, Alex - I had to make noise to get that written.  It's still a PITA to report SPAMs that weren't blocked by the SMTP Proxy.  After reporting 116 from 2018-09-01 to 2018-10-15, I told Support I was not working for free anymore...

My read of the situation is that Sophos will switch to using their own SPAM database instead of McAfee's (CommTouch).  In that case, the article cited above will also apply to the UTM.

Everyone, please pile on so that Sophos gets this done sooner rather than later.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • There's a new article just for UTM now, Alex - I had to make noise to get that written.  It's still a PITA to report SPAMs that weren't blocked by the SMTP Proxy.  After reporting 116 from 2018-09-01 to 2018-10-15, I told Support I was not working for free anymore...

My read of the situation is that Sophos will switch to using their own SPAM database instead of McAfee's (CommTouch).  In that case, the article cited above will also apply to the UTM.

Everyone, please pile on so that Sophos gets this done sooner rather than later.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data