This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Remote Acces in User Portal not available

Hi all

I upgraded my Astaro and want to use the remote acess (SSL VPN) function.

I setuped the SSL VPN settings like the tutorial.
To download the client, I logged in the userportal but I have no tab "Remote Access".

After that, I switched to the WebAdmin to change the User Interface settings.
But in the Advanced Tab I can't save the settings.

In the Version 8.201 I saw a warning "Home License - No Changes possible" (or like this).

Now, my question:
How can I donwload the SSL Client and how can I download the Certificate?

Thanks for your help anyway!

Cheers

Scan

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Your problem is not related to the fact that you have a home license.  You just have an incomplete configuration of either the User Portal or the SSL VPN.  Tell us whether the SSL VPN user is Local on the Astaro or is authenticated by some backend server.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Bob

I have local users and LDAP users.

I deleted all the LDAP user in the SSL configuration and used the admin user.
    But also the admin user has no "Remote Access" tab in the User Portal.
    (see the attachment "Config-SSL.png")

Than I changed Userportal options. The admin user has only access to the user portal now. (see attachment "config-portal.png")

After that I tryed to change the advanced settings from the user portal. But I have no "Apply" button. ("advanced-portal.png")

Last but not leased I logged in the user portal and I have no "Remote Access" Tab.

Which is the false setting ??
  • Thanks for the pictures!  Notice in the User Portal configuration that checking a feature DE-activates it.

Sometimes, the browser cache gets a bit confused.  Exit all browser windows.  Open a window and immediately clear the browser cache.  When you sign-in again to WebAdmin, you will find the 'Übernehmen' button.

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Thanks!

I changed the WebAdmin language to english and look, it's works! It could be a bug? [;)]

Thanks for the hint. I enabled the tab and I can download the client now!!

Thank you very much for your fast help!

Cheers - Scan
  • Hi All,

I have an ASG120 and similarly, I do not find the Remote Access tab on the End User Portal.

Please see attached my Advanced tab which does not have any item checked.

What am I missing please?

Thanks and regards,
    Freddy
  • Hi, Freddy, and welcome to the User BB!

Do you have any Remote Access enabled for you?

If there are no Remote Access methods enabled, then there will be no tab.  Similarly, if the user is not indicated as able to use a particular method, that selection will not appear.

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Thanks Bob. It works!

Remote Access method was enabled, but not for the user I was logged in as.

Cheers,
    Freddy
  • Hi Scan4515,

I think you have get your vpn-client now. I have at this moment a problem to configure this client correctly.
    I have also used th tutorial, but it doesn't work.

My questions now:
    1. Do you use DynDSN for your vpn-connection, or how do you configure the vpn-connection?
    2. Is your DSL-Connection with a static ip-address or a dynamic ip-address?
    3. I can download the vpn-client with the certificates, and I can install this client under windows 7 (with admin-user). When I try to connect to the Astaro, I get the message: No VPN-Protocol detected.

Thank you very much

Jörg
  • Your problem is not related to the fact that you have a home license.  You just have an incomplete configuration of either the User Portal or the SSL VPN.  Tell us whether the SSL VPN user is Local on the Astaro or is authenticated by some backend server.
    Cheers - Bob

Same issue.

My IPSec users are authenticated by radius backend server.

Can this be the reason why i also don't see the remote access tab in the user portal ?