Customers might be unable to connect with us via the Sophos Malaysia Support Hotline number. Our teams are actively working on a fix. In the interim, we request customers to use the backup hotline number - +65 3157 5922 (Singapore) or raise a support request at https://support.sophos.com/.

Help us enhance your Sophos Community experience. Share your thoughts in our Sophos Community survey.

This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Lilo error 0x40 after installing

Hi

I am new to ASL and are having a problem installing on a 30GB Samsung HDD.

The install goes fine, but when I reboot I get LILO prompt, the ASL banner, then a "Error 0x40" error.

After doing a quick search on the web I have found out it is something to do with bad disk geometry and/or bad seek.

The disk is almost brand new (it had previously been formatted NTFS for a short while, but never used).

The model no is SV3002H.

I have tried installing using Large and LBA mode (that proved to be a complete disaster) and tried the disk on its own IDE cable after sharing with the CD-ROM didn't work out - but I keep getting the error each time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Owen

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
No Data