This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

All password reset doesnt work

Hi there, i m new to sophos and tried to reset some SG Firewalls with UTM 9.5. I followed the workaround at this Link

Everything worked well, i got the " password changed" message - but after restarting the unit and try to login with new password he told me that it is the wrong Password. I've tried several times with different Password at different units....

Can anyone help me?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • I`ve tried on this weekend, but nothing works.

But i noticed, that after the "password incorrect" message there comes a link "(company domain of the former user) login:". The link then disappears after a minute or so.

Maybe this helps to solve my problem?

Or is it possible to reinstall the OS of the sophos?

Any suggestions are welcome!

• If you are able to access the device via console ... the password procedure should work.

Do you see the "Admin password setup screen" from article?

Otherwise with devices SG2xx, SG3xx, SG4xx you have access to factory reset via frontpanel.

The last option is to reinstall the system. Goto sophos webpage, load the ISO file, burn it to CD, connect a USB-CD to the device and reinstall device.

Dirk

Systema Gesellschaft für angewandte Datentechnik mbH  // Sophos Platinum Partner
    Sophos Solution Partner since 2003
    If a post solves your question, click the 'Verify Answer' link at this post.

• Hi Dirk, thank you very much. i will try with ISO file...