This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Secure Connection Failures and Fragment Reassembly Failures

Since upgrading to the latest release over the last weekend I have had frequent connectivity issues with multiple websites. Firefox usually reports a "Secure Connection Failed" and Edge that "We can't reach this page".

If I use my old Netgear Prosafe hardware firewall or connect direct to the modem everything works again, so I tried reinstalling Sophos UTM9 from scratch and I still have the same problems accessing sites. Performance seems slow when pages to load too.

Of note is that I upgraded to Server 2016 on the host OS a few weeks back but everything was working fine after the upgrade.

Here is a screen cap from "Microsoft Network Analyzer". There are alot of fragment reassembly timeouts, and the warning icon for message 1305 notes the diagnosis as "TLS: Incomplete TLS payload for full reassembly, missing contiguous message".

I've been using Sophos UTM for years and this is the first real problem I've had. Any help would be appreciated!

Edit (Oct 3rd 2016 10PM EST):

I just did a clean bare metal install of 9.4 on a different server (Dell PowerEdge 2950) with new network cables and a new switch and I'm still having the same problem... Changing back to the hardware netgear prosafe fixes the problem. This is driving me crazy now... This has to be a software problem...

Edit (Oct 3rd 2016 10:41 EST)

I installed Endian Community Edition on a new virtual disk using the same VM (that my original Sophos install was on) and I'm having zero problems now. I would prefer to use Sophos UTM though so if anybody has any ideas let me know.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.