This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

MSN Explorer

I just implemented Astaro internet gateway and i love it. but i have a question.

My parents use MSN explorer for there email(dont ask). The gateway is causing them not being able to use email at all no sending or receiving.. is there a way to work around this is there a setting i need to change in msn explorer or in gateway? Anyone have a idea.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi,
    You will need to tell us a bit more about your setup.
    1/. packet filter rules do you have
    2/. are you using any proxies
    3/. what other features are you using?

Ian M[:)]
  • Ok I have determined that the problem is not with MSN. i can not send or receive emails with outlook or anything using pop3 imap or smtp. I will post my settings when i get home at school right now. i mainly have all the default settings i haven't changed anything.

Do I have to tell my email client what mail proxy to use? I couldn't find any settings in outlook that says proxy server for the mail. [:S]
  • New to Astaro don't know  everything yet.

1) i have all the default filters created by the wizard
    2) i am using the web proxy dont know how to do email proxy
    3) all default settings.

i can go to all websites( execpt ones being blocked) so http works file. its just email.
  • This is the error i get in the open live log for pop3.

2008:05:29-20:15:18 (none) pop3proxy[24802]: id="110Q" severity="error" sys="SecureMail" sub="pop3" name="Connection error." message="Unknown connection error" serverip="209.85.147.109" dstport="110" srcip="192.168.0.13"

If it helps.
  • Go into the POP3 Proxy and disable prefetching.  Also, set the timeouts in your email client higher (say a few minutes) so that the client won't time out while emails are being AV scanned.

CTO, Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC

https://www.convergesecurity.com

Sophos Platinum Partner

--------------------------------------

Advice given as posted on this forum does not construe a support relationship or other relationship with Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC or its subsidiaries.  Use the advice given at your own risk.

• I did what you said and it still giving this error. Any more ideas thanks

2008:05:29-20:13:52 (none) pop3proxy[24802]: id="110Q" severity="error" sys="SecureMail" sub="pop3" name="Connection error." message="Unknown connection error" serverip="209.85.147.109" dstport="110" srcip="192.168.0.13"
    2008:05:29-20:15:18 (none) pop3proxy[24802]: id="110Q" severity="error" sys="SecureMail" sub="pop3" name="Connection error." message="Unknown connection error" serverip="209.85.147.109" dstport="110" srcip="192.168.0.13"
    2008:05:29-21:57:52 (none) pop3proxy[6425]: id="111U" severity="info" sys="SecureMail" sub="pop3" name="inactive user deleted" info="could not reset database"
  • Did you reboot after changing the setting?

Sophos Platinum Partner

Advice given as posted on this forum does not construe a support relationship or other relationship with Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC or its subsidiaries.  Use the advice given at your own risk.

• I did not know that I had to restart server to make settings apply I thought you just had to hit the apply button I will try that thanks.
  • Well, you shouldn't have to, but it doesn't hurt to try.

Sophos Platinum Partner

• Ok it dident help. anyone have a idea. i have also had problems retreaving mail on my ipod touch, if that helps any. So all email other then webmail has cease to exist. Any ideas thank you.