This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Root partition 90% full

UTM 9.510-5 on a dedicated server with 300 Gig hard drive.

I'm getting alerts that the root disk is at 90%.  UTM updates are failing because of lack of disk space.

I read the threads on here about this and found that pgsql was at 1.6 Gigs, so I ran postgressql92 rebuild and that shrunk it.

I also deleted the /var/storage/cores from years ago.

To my surprise, df -h STILL reports exactly the same usage.  Not one byte different.

Filesystem                        Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/sda6                         5.2G  4.4G  514M  90% /
udev                              3.9G   80K  3.9G   1% /dev
tmpfs                             3.9G   76K  3.9G   1% /dev/shm
/dev/sda1                         331M   16M  295M   5% /boot
/dev/sda5                         115G  4.4G  104G   5% /var/storage
/dev/sda7                         150G  233M  142G   1% /var/log
/dev/sda8                         6.1G   88M  5.7G   2% /tmp
/dev                              3.9G   80K  3.9G   1% /var/storage/chroot-clientlessvpn/dev
tmpfs                             3.9G     0  3.9G   0% /var/sec/chroot-httpd/dev/shm
/dev                              3.9G   80K  3.9G   1% /var/sec/chroot-openvpn/dev
/dev                              3.9G   80K  3.9G   1% /var/sec/chroot-ppp/dev
/dev                              3.9G   80K  3.9G   1% /var/sec/chroot-pppoe/dev
/dev                              3.9G   80K  3.9G   1% /var/sec/chroot-pptp/dev
/dev                              3.9G   80K  3.9G   1% /var/sec/chroot-pptpc/dev
/dev                              3.9G   80K  3.9G   1% /var/sec/chroot-restd/dev
tmpfs                             3.9G     0  3.9G   0% /var/storage/chroot-reverseproxy/dev/shm
/var/storage                      115G  4.4G  104G   5% /var/sec/chroot-snmp/var/storage
/var/log                          150G  233M  142G   1% /var/sec/chroot-snmp/var/log
/var/storage/chroot-smtp/spool    115G  4.4G  104G   5% /var/sec/chroot-httpd/var/spx/spool
/var/storage/chroot-smtp/spx      115G  4.4G  104G   5% /var/sec/chroot-httpd/var/spx/public/images/spx
tmpfs                             3.9G  108K  3.9G   1% /var/storage/chroot-smtp/tmp/ram
tmpfs                             3.9G   67M  3.8G   2% /var/storage/chroot-http/tmp
/var/sec/chroot-afc/var/run/navl  5.2G  4.4G  514M  90% /var/storage/chroot-http/var/run/navl

I ran du -shx * | sort -rh | head

pgsql shrunk to 36K.

Still out of disk space.  The only big file I could find was swapfile, taking 4 gigs.

if I go to /var/sec/chroot-afc/var/run/navl, all I see is a "socket" file.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • This is virtually always caused by letting too many Up2Dates download without applying them.  You've probably already re-installed, so this is for others in the future.

Look at

du -shx /var/up2date/sys/*

First, check some things.  As root at the command line:

version

cc get up2date system_download_interval

This returns: 10 = Manual or Monthly, 0 = Every 15 mins, etc.  Note this!

Let's set the interval to Manual:

cc set up2date system_download_interval 10

Now, let's go to the directory and see what we need to delete:

cd /var/up2date/sys
    ll

Delete enough of the newest files to free up at least one GB and run the following command:

/sbin/auisys.plx --showdesc

Then install in WebAdmin.  After the Up2Dates are completed, change 'Firmware download interval' back on the 'Configuration' tab or go back to the command line and set it there.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • This is virtually always caused by letting too many Up2Dates download without applying them.  You've probably already re-installed, so this is for others in the future.

Look at

du -shx /var/up2date/sys/*

First, check some things.  As root at the command line:

version

cc get up2date system_download_interval

This returns: 10 = Manual or Monthly, 0 = Every 15 mins, etc.  Note this!

Let's set the interval to Manual:

cc set up2date system_download_interval 10

Now, let's go to the directory and see what we need to delete:

cd /var/up2date/sys
    ll

Delete enough of the newest files to free up at least one GB and run the following command:

/sbin/auisys.plx --showdesc

Then install in WebAdmin.  After the Up2Dates are completed, change 'Firmware download interval' back on the 'Configuration' tab or go back to the command line and set it there.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children