This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

cant find packet logging on UTM9

Hi all

am using UTM9 i cant find packet logging, if its not the same name what is the name for logging per IP

thanks

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • What exactly is it what you are searching for? Is it a log of all traffic for one IP?

In that case there is not a "1 place for all traffic" it depends on what you have or have not configured (web filtering on/off). There's a firewall log where you can find information but when you use web filtering there's also a web filtering log that's in use.

Firewall will only show entries when a firewall rule has the "Log traffic" checkbox checked. Traffic that doesn't hit a rule (and therefore is blocked) will always be shown in the firewall log.

Managing several Sophos firewalls both at work and at some home locations, dedicated to continuously improve IT-security and feeling well helping others with their IT-security challenges.

• i am looking to log the traffic for one computer, specially the web browser and addresses been visited 

how possible is this?

thanks

• If you would like to see which websites are visited then you must use web filtering and will find any information in the web filtering log.

Managing several Sophos firewalls both at work and at some home locations, dedicated to continuously improve IT-security and feeling well helping others with their IT-security challenges.

• You would need to look in the logs for information about the browser used, but maybe this will give you enough to work with:

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • thanks BAlfson

is there a way to generate a report form this for URL lists for specific user (by IP address maybe)?

i tried to filter this traffic for specific IP address and it didnt show any usage for that IP but am sure it was browsing the internet

thanks

• I don't understand, Leo - that picture is for a single user.  I just erased the first part of 172.21.1.55.

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • yes and this is exactly what i did before posting this question but it didnt show any log

thanks

• Did you already set up web filtering? 

• Please show a picture of what you're looking at, Leo.

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA