This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos UTM Home Use License - Endpoint protection

I purchased a SG 105W for home use and generated a "home use license" and applied it to the UTM.

I am trying to configure the antivirus endpoint. I have downloaded the installer from Endpoint Protection/Computer Management/Deploy Agent and have installed it on a windows 7 PC. It installs okay but it won't update. When I check the log file from the antivirus client it shows "Sophos AutoUpdate could not continue due to a missing or wrong item of information in the config file". When I check the properties for the AutoUpdate on the antivirus client it shows a url "sophos:d3.sophosupd.com/.../sdds.utm_91_ug2.xml" but there is no username or password populated, I am assuming this is my issue at this point. I have been researching where to find the user name and password but can't seem to find the information for a Home License? After installing the Endpoint the PC does appear in the UTM, please see the screen shots below. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi.

In the last days, I have the same problem.
    Slim version, I can not even install.
    the full version is installed, but at the end of the installation, as well as the slim version tries to download files from the Internet, but it is impossible

happy one, I'm not the only one.

• In stead of using UTM endpoint licenses you can also use Sophos Home anti-virus. It's free and not connected to UTM. You can install up to (I believe) 10 PC's and Mac's and it is essentially the same AV client.

Last week I was told that early next year also Sophos Intercept x will be added to Sophos Home. This will likely not be added to UTM AV endpoint.

Managing several Sophos firewalls both at work and at some home locations, dedicated to continuously improve IT-security and feeling well helping others with their IT-security challenges.

• if the function is declared, it should work, right?
    then a matter of principle and of course, Alan know what the problem is.
    EP in UTM there are more options,

• I am very interested to find out why not work.

• I am having the same issues, with both slim and 'fat' builds.

I have tried disable & delete all of the EP settings, reinstalling the UTM from scratch, and numerous installs on 3 different PCs with both slim and fat builds with the same set of issues.

I will look at the Home install as an option, but would be nice to centrally manage everything from one point.

Is this something we just need to sit on and wait for a fix? if so, will the fix be rolled out via the UTM connection to the installed EP client or will we need to reinstall?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Ian

• I reinstalled windows already exactly 20 times

and UTM

I will look at the Home install as an option, but would be nice to centrally manage everything from one point.

well, in the UTM there are more options.