This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can someone answer a few fairly basic questions about APs?

Basically having spent time reading I can't figure out if I need Sophos specific hardware or if can be used with generic hardware?

What I read seems to imply that you can use generic hardware but I can't figure out how to so maybe I'm misunderstanding and you need Sophos APs to use wireless protection.

The second is what is the benefit of using Wireless Protection over just having an AP that handles authentication for wireless connections -- basically I just took some ASUS routers and switched them to AP mode -- what would I gain by using the UTM's Wireless Protection feature?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Carlos,

Sophos AP does not have an UI to manage it's configuration, this is explicitly done via Sophos UTM from Wireless Protection. The best place to learn and compare our products is to contact a local Sophos Partner who has prior knowledge regarding the product and expert Engineers who can be helpful during the deployment.

Thanks

Sachin Gurung
    Team Lead | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.