This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

problem Log Disk full

HI,

I have Astro security gateway V7 and I have problem in Log Disk is full the used space now is 91% but I don't know how to clean the Disk please if there is anyone can help me how to clean it?

Best Regards

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • there is no one facing the same problem?????
  • Hi, there are Threshold settings (under Logging - Settings) so that it can delete files automatically; do you have that set up?

Also, you should look at your logs to see if there is something wrong, such as logging too much in the packetfilter log.

Barry
  • eah I have this settings I tried to make it Thresholds  

Threshold One 
     Delete oldest log files  75%

Threshold tow 
     Delete oldest log files  80%

Threshold
     Delete oldest log files  95%

but its not working the log file still 92%

I don't know what is the problem ?
  • Running V8 and have the same issue, my log partition is on a steady increase with no end in site

Have set my thresholds to delete @ 85/90 report@95, also set to delete logs after 1 day.
    My archived log files look like they are only keeping 1 day.
    Ive dropped  the reports to keep to almost nothing.
    I also have rebooted after making some of these changes with no luck.

and yet log partition is almost full.
  • Take a look at your log files to see if TOO MUCH is getting logged.

Barry
  • My log disk is 5.4GB and my current "Todays log files" adds  up to under 200mb,
    archives are only keeping for 1 day....so 500MB total should be in the log disk but its using 5+GB
  • I am experiencing the same problem with one of my remote ASG's (remote to me) the log disk is at 93% full. Automatic log deletion is set to 3 days, threshold 1,2,3 is set to 80% and to delete the oldest log files. Current fill up rate is 35mb per day.

Is there a way to clear out the entire log disk and start fresh?
  • Guys, what happens if you reboot?

Is each of you having the same problem as sheepboy (Welcome to the User BB!) - "deleted" logs not being deleted, or something of the like?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • I believe so, I made adjustments to how long to keep the log files and then I rebooted. The log.disk remind the same. 93% full.
  • Hi all ,

I have solved my problem, restart the system And will solve your problem, I did not notice any change in settings my log disk now is 2% [:)]

thanks all,