This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

problem Log Disk full

HI,

I have Astro security gateway V7 and I have problem in Log Disk is full the used space now is 91% but I don't know how to clean the Disk please if there is anyone can help me how to clean it?

Best Regards

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • i rebooted after i made sure the parameters were set correctly, and the log disk still did not clear and is still at 93%.
  • I'm having the same issue.  My logging settings have been working for a year now with a sustained rate that was not out of control and  now it is logging a ton of info.

Tried to restart and it did not work. 

Using ASG v8
  • after racking my brain for about a week or two, I decided to open a case with Astaro, turns out the database was corrupted. The engineer threw a few commands in the shell to rebuild the database, problem solved on my end!!!!!
  • Here is what the engineer did to my ASG, (USE AT YOUR OWN RISK)!!!

Database rebuild….

Indicated by core dump logs and failure to start or stop /etc/init.d/postgresql restart

HINT: This probably means that some data is corrupted and you will have to use the last backup for recovery
    Stop postgres (this makes sure selfmon does not interfere with your actions), clean out the data directorys and 

start postgres again.
    asg120:/root # /etc/init.d/postgresql stop
    :: Stopping PostgreSQL                                                done
    asg120:/root # rm -rf /var/storage/pgsql/data /var/log/reporting/pgsql/*
    asg120:/root # /etc/init.d/postgresql start
    :: Initializing the PostgreSQL database                               done
    :: Starting PostgreSQL                                                done
    asg120:/root # /var/mdw/scripts/smtp restart
    :: Restarting SMTP Proxy
    :: Stopping SMTP Proxy
    [ ok ]
    :: Starting SMTP Proxy