This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

how to setup an AP aithout any LAN

Hi,

is there a way to setup an AP55 to communicate to SG135 without network cable or do I have to do the initial config via LAN?

I want Inter-AP Communication on 5 GHz and Clients should connect to 2.4 GHz. Is there any how-to available?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi  

You would require the AP to be connected to the LAN via network cable in order for it to be detected by your UTM. 

You can select the Frequency Band you'd like to use (2.4 or 5) when you set up the Wireless Networks.

Here is a startup guide for our AP's: Operating Instructions - Sophos Access Points

Cheers,
    Karlos

Karlos
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support

Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.
  • Karlos,

thanks for answer. AP is up and running. All fine. But now I need to change communication between router and AP from lan cable to WLAN (installation destination is without any lan infrastructure)! How can I do this? I want communication between router and AP in 5 GHz band and clients should connect to 2,4 GHz band.

• Hi  

Our AP's do not support over the air operations, therefore, a wired LAN connection is necessary.

As per the different bands, like I mentioned this can be configured on your wireless network. You can configure a different band per SSID. As a wireless connection is not possible b/w your router & AP (since it needs to be wired), for your clients, you can choose the band under Wireless Protection > Wireless Networks > edit or add your Wireless Network > Advanced > Frequency band.

Thanks,
    Karlos

Karlos

• Hi  

Our AP's do not support over the air operations, therefore, a wired LAN connection is necessary.

As per the different bands, like I mentioned this can be configured on your wireless network. You can configure a different band per SSID. As a wireless connection is not possible b/w your router & AP (since it needs to be wired), for your clients, you can choose the band under Wireless Protection > Wireless Networks > edit or add your Wireless Network > Advanced > Frequency band.

Thanks,
    Karlos

Karlos

Children