This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Migration Tool error

Greetings, 

I am in the process of migrating computers to the Sophos Central Cloud, but I dont know if their is any issue between the communication from the gatekeeper platform to the migration tool.

It seems like it because even tho I alreadt disabled the "Tamper Protection" most of the errors that is showing up is that I need to disable it in order for them to be ready for migration. How can I troubleshoot the Migration Tool to check if its a problem and solve it.

This issue has been making this migration a real headache and is taking a lot of time for the process to be completed.

Any help will be great

LGR

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Leonard Gerena,

Can you please provide more details about the full error messages that you are receiving?

If the message is Sophos Central Migration Tool - Tamper protection is active, please have a look at this article 

Thanks!

Barb@Sophos
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• I already did all those steps.

Well all the machines that are showing up with that error I've already went thru the enterprise Console and doblue abd triple checked that the No Tamper was disabled in all of the machines groups.

And still not showing as Ready for migration in the Migration tool itself. I already open a support case and hopefully will be getting the help need it by monday. But anyways anythign that you can share with me will be of great value.

thanks

LGR

• Hi Leonard Gerena,

Could you share the ticket number so that we can review it? 

What messages are you seeing exactly, when trying to migrate the machines? 

Also, I understand you have ensured Tamper protection is showing as disabled (I am assuming you tried both console and locally as listed in the article). You could test it outside the migration tool by trying to stop a Sophos service on those systems (This will tell you if Tamper Protection is actually disabled or if there are any communication issues that may need to be addressed).

Other than the above, we do have an article regarding unsupported features, in case it applies to your setup 

Regards,

Barb@Sophos

• Hi Leonard Gerena,

Could you share the ticket number so that we can review it? 

What messages are you seeing exactly, when trying to migrate the machines? 

Also, I understand you have ensured Tamper protection is showing as disabled (I am assuming you tried both console and locally as listed in the article). You could test it outside the migration tool by trying to stop a Sophos service on those systems (This will tell you if Tamper Protection is actually disabled or if there are any communication issues that may need to be addressed).

Other than the above, we do have an article regarding unsupported features, in case it applies to your setup 

Regards,

Barb@Sophos

Children