This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos Central Endpoint Protection - Windows Firewall conflict?

Hello Guys

I got a question im sure someone of you can help me out!

i installed the Sophos Central Endpoint Protection. Since this installation Windows pops up with "Windows Firewall is not active". Then i activate it again, after some minutes or seconds "Windows Firewall is not active". Once i remove Sophos its working fine, once i reiinstall it same thing. Maybe someone here has an idea about the possible reason for this i cant realy get what the problem is since i havent used this for the first time havent seen this error anytime before.

Thank you Guys!

Jason

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Jason Klein,

Please have a look at the available Sophos Central - Windows Firewall Control connection types

Can you provide more info regarding what is happening? Screenshots of the issue, Windows and Sophos versions would be great.

Thanks!

Barb@Sophos
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Hi Barb,

Windows 10 x64 on the Client

Sophos Core Agent 2.0.5

Endpoint Standard 10.8.1.2

Intercept X : no

Encrypted: no

Sometimes after some seconds or some hours Windows turns of the Firewall:

--->

After reactivation some time later it fails again. The Moment i delete the Sophos Endpoint Client from the System the error disapears.

Regards

Jason

Regards

Jason

Sophos Certified Architect - UTM

• Hi Jason Klein ,

I am not seeing any related issues. What's your Windows build and version (Pro, Enterprise? ... build number 1809? 1803? )? 
    Did you get a chance to review the previous documentation to set up the Windows Firewall? (There is an advanced entry regarding it that might help). 

Otherwise, can you please check the Windows Event Viewer for any Firewall messages? 

I know you have mentioned several times that the issue happens randomly, but, if you get a chance see if you can reproduce it by, say starting a system scan. 
    Also, does the issue go away if you turn off all the Sophos protections on the endpoint? (Please only do this for testing purposes, and be sure to re-enable them after testing). 

Thanks,

Barb@Sophos

• Hi Jason Klein ,

I am not seeing any related issues. What's your Windows build and version (Pro, Enterprise? ... build number 1809? 1803? )? 
    Did you get a chance to review the previous documentation to set up the Windows Firewall? (There is an advanced entry regarding it that might help). 

Otherwise, can you please check the Windows Event Viewer for any Firewall messages? 

I know you have mentioned several times that the issue happens randomly, but, if you get a chance see if you can reproduce it by, say starting a system scan. 
    Also, does the issue go away if you turn off all the Sophos protections on the endpoint? (Please only do this for testing purposes, and be sure to re-enable them after testing). 

Thanks,

Barb@Sophos

Children