Configuring VPN Remote Access for the first time on your Sophos XG Firewall? Check out this useful Community post!

Sophos Central Firewall Manager maintenance scheduled for April 2nd, starting at 3:30am EDT. More info available here.

Anyone seeing occasional OLE init / hook failed errors from sandboxie?

In Windows 8 x64 using sb 5.31.4 and the latest chrome occasionally I see this error:

SBIE2303 Could not hook CoGetObject (33, 1655)
SBIE2303 Could not hook RegisterDragDrop (33, 1655)
SBIE2318 DLL initialization failed for 'ole32.dll'

I don't know what it means. Everything appears to work normal. If I should report somewhere else please tell me where.

• I have the same issue. Not getting any audio either

• In reply to Nick Ross2:

Seeing this issue on several computers and my own

• In reply to BilleBarrett:

I'm seeing the SBIE2318 DLL initialization failed for 'ole32.dll' message and sandboxie is not working in Chrome or Firefox.

• same! I get the following on starting Sandboxie everytime

• I'm getting the same error messages as the OP, but only in Chrome not FF, and not every time, since installing the latest SBIE version.

• In reply to Noo Bian:

FWIW

I've recently added ... to my UserSettings

SbieCtrl_HideMessage=2303,ReleaseStgMedium (33, 1655)
    SbieCtrl_HideMessage=2303,CoGetObject (33, 1655)
    SbieCtrl_HideMessage=2303,RegisterDragDrop (33, 1655)
    SbieCtrl_HideMessage=2318,ole32.dll

I'm not seeing any obvious change to my Chrome browsing by adding HideMessage. 

YMMV

• In reply to Nick Ross2:

Hi,

it is a very old problem...

Today, after a lot of time, I start with my new computer and... the problem is still again here! :(

No audio at all.

If I use my browsers (flashpeak or opera) in a "solo" or in their "nature mode", I have no problems with audio.

If I try to launch the browsers with sandboxie, the audio disappear and i can't found a solution for fix this great problem.

Now, dear Sophos, there is finally a solution for this very old problem or not?

Thanks for answer and have a good day.

• In reply to The Vince ndndnd:

...no solutions, no answers.

SbieCtrl_HideMessage=2303,ReleaseStgMedium (33, 1655)
    SbieCtrl_HideMessage=2303,CoGetObject (33, 1655)
    SbieCtrl_HideMessage=2303,RegisterDragDrop (33, 1655)
    SbieCtrl_HideMessage=2318,ole32.dll

I'm not seeing any obvious change to my Chrome browsing by adding HideMessage. 

• It's rare that I see this anymore but the last two times were when I was dragging a page in google's book preview thing where if you search for something and it's in a book google shows you the preview in a web page.

• In reply to Test Test20:

I resign.

Actually, I use two separate sessions of FLASHPEAK browser:

(the first one, with sandboxie):

The second to wtach youtube or other site where the audio is important to me.

It's a not serious solution, but Sophos don't care about our help request, so... it's the only solution I found.

I think if a product like Sandboxie reaches end-of-support we can't really expect much. They announced they'll open source it which is pretty nice. Personally I more than got my money's worth over the years with my lifetime license.

• In reply to Test Test20:

Another week pass away and no solution for all of us.

No audio in the browser.

:(

• I have the same problem with the new version too sandieboxie 5.33.1 :-(

- Windows 10 home 32 bit  Version 1809 

- Chrome 79.03945.88 last version

- Antivirus and firewall of windows

Every time i load Chrome in the sandieboxie  I have those messages and the mic and webcam don't work in the browser.

While with Firefox in the sandieboxie all right function.

• I have the same issue.

I have windows 10 ltsc 64 bit.

Kaspersky Internet security 20

NVT OS Armor

NVT Exe Radar Pro

Windows 10 firewall control