Community based support

Seth wrote:

"As part of our transition to a free and potentially open source product, Sandboxie support will become community based.  The community will include developers directly involved with Sandboxie."

What does mean Sandboxie support will become community based?

The community will include Sophos developers?

I would like to hear a more detailed explanation about this, please.

• I'm also interested in finding out if Sophos developers will continue working on Sandboxie. Will this be something like what Google does with the Chromium project?

• So Sophos already said what it had to say and now we are alone?

Will we see Barb or Seth posting again?

I would not be surprised if this forum disappears one day without any notice as part of their transition to a free and potentially open source product.

• In reply to Pedro López:

That's correct. Barb is gone. We are now in "community support". There probably aren't any developers left either. So we're on our own until the code comes out. Assuming it actually does.

• This little social experiment of theirs is hilarious and all, but I really wish the communication from their side wasn't text book bad.

• They announce they will release Sandboxie open source and stop giving support.

Is that legal?

Should not they stop giving support after releasing the source code, not before?

• Why Sophos does want to reply to these questions?

• Another day without a reply. Another day of shame.

Another day without replies. Another day without source code. Another day of shame for Sophos.

We were told "The community will include developers directly involved with Sandboxie".

Where are these developers? Who are them?

When will they start fixing issues and replying questions?

In other thread someone from Sophos said they will release a new version to fix problems with last Windows 10 update.

Why nobody is replying to this thread commenting there are still people from Sophos working in new releases?

As other forum user said, Sophos sucks.

Why would anyone volunteer their time no less someone from Sophos, when this community is filled with little brats like you, all this place does is troll, whine, not being helpful, attacking Sophos' members, etc.

Personally, I use another forum with a dedicated SB section, and they even have Sophos members that post there as well. I'll leave this place for the likes of you, henry g, BilleBarrett and the rest of the whiny brats.

• In reply to Redacted:

Redacted

Why would anyone volunteer their time no less someone from Sophos, when this community is filled with little brats like you, all this place does is troll, whine, not being helpful, attacking Sophos' members, etc.

Personally, I use another forum with a dedicated SB section, and they even have Sophos members that post there as well. I'll leave this place for the likes of you, henry g, BilleBarrett and the rest of the whiny brats.

Why Sophos members are posting in other forums and not here, the official Sandboxie forum?

Personally, I don't like ar$e lickers like you. Only an ar$e licker would call brat to people reporting issues, demanding more information about the future of a product and when don't receive a reply, complain.

If you don't know the difference between complaining and trolling, I'm sorry for you.

• In reply to Redacted:

Redacted

I have access to information you don't have. Haha, you suck.

Do you have to be so childish?

• Still no replies from Sophos to very important questions.

• Sophos developers are still looking at solving problems like Windows 10 updates breaking the product and supporting changes to browsers and document apps. They will continue working on this in parallel to other responsibilities.

We are still working on Open Sourcing the code but not every detail has been finalized, including how this will be supported. Sophos' role will likely diminish in the future once this happens.