This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Windows 8 Support For Sophos Full Disk Encryption Through the Sophos Enterprise Console

Pretty much what the subject says.  We have Sophos Full Disk Encryption through the Enterprise Console.  I know the current version we're on does not support it, but I see Safeguard itself does.  Is there an update out for the console that I don't see, or is the update coming soon?

Thanks,

Adam

:50076

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • As a customer of the Sophos Disk Encryption Feature managed from the Sophos Enterprise Console you should have received the following email. I apologize that you have obviously not.

We have no plans to support encryption of Windows 8 and Mac OS X 10.9 clients within this feature, and so we are making our encryption license SafeGuard Disk Encryption Advanced available to you at no charge for the term of your license.

SafeGuard Disk Encryption Advanced provides all the features available to you in Sophos Disk Encryption today plus native disk encryption, which allows you to manage BitLocker and FileVault 2 encryption on your Windows and Mac endpoints. You can continue to use Sophos Disk Encryption as you do today and use SafeGuard Disk Encryption Advanced for your newer platforms. Alternatively, if you require a single encryption management console, you can migrate all your existing encrypted endpoints into the SafeGuard Management Center without re-encrypting the endpoints.

Get more information on SafeGuard Disk Encryption »

Get information on the SafeGuard Disk Encryption Advanced license (PDF) »

For more details on the migration, read our license migration guide »

:50184
  • Thanks for the reply.  I'm installing the Safeguard server now.  Are there instructions on how to import the existing encrypted computers to the new server?

:50350
  • I am running into this same issue - trying to encrypt a disk on a Windows 8.1 machine and I get an error that the platform is not supported. I am using the Enterprise console. In the previous repose it is mentioned that there should have been an email sent to users regarding having to use a different product but we have not seen an email like that here where I work. So, I have a couple of questions:

1. Should all customers using enterprise console have received the email or are there only certain types of accounts? I'm assuming all users should have but want to clarify.

2. Will EC ever support this feature for Windows 8 (it appears not from your wording in you previous response but just want to double check)?

I understand we can migrate all encryption management to the new system but we still have to manage the rest of the protection from the EC correct? Our main purpose for purchasing this software was to manage everything from one interface and it's kind of disheartening to find out that we can no longer do that.

Please let me know so that we can make informed decisions on how to move forward.

Thanks,

Michael

:51246
  • Hi,

the License Migration Guide (in chapter 5) explains how to move the Endpoint's encryption component from the SEC into the SafeGuard Console.

As far as I'm aware, all customers using integrated encryption in the Sophos Enterprise Console should have received a notification, that they may upgrade their existing encryption license to a "SafeGuard Disk Encryption Advanced" license at no charge for the term of their license.

I can confirm that there are currently no plans to support encryption of Windows 8 / 8.1 and Mac OS X 10.9 clients within the Sophos Disk Encryption feature managed from the Sophos Enterprise Console.

Regards,

ChrisD

:51312