This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Some files on a network share have read-only locks when using certain software

Some files on a network share have read-only locks when using certain software whilst Safeguard is installed on a client PC.
These files are not locked when Safeguard is uninstalled. This is causing issues when multiple users are trying to access the same file.
Sophos Safeguard version: 8.20.0.83 with Engine 28.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply
  • Hi  

Please suggest if I am not wrong currently you have Synchronized encryption module installed on the client machine.

If it is the scenario your file should not be affected in terms of encryption or lock state because encryption of those files happens if they are created by the application mentioned in the policy.

In this scenario, files are used by the software not created by it. So files must be affected with some other point of Safeguard enterprise.

I'd request you to open a case with support and provide me with the case number in PM.

Regards,

Jasmin
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Support

Sophos Support VideosKnowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts |
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link

Children
No Data