This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Endpoint protection crashes web browsers.

Doing a evaluation of Sophos to replace our existing endpoint protection. 

All was well until the latest update. 10.7.1 VE3.68.0  seems to cause my web browsers to crash after you try to close the browser. The browser process gets hung and you cannot even end the process. Launching the browser again gets you a message saying that you do not have sufficient rights to access a file path. 

Trying another browser that has not been launched, just sits and spins trying to connect to the web. 

Has anyone had this problem and have a solution? Really liking the product.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello Ron Bishop,

I'd ask you what features you have enabled, 10.7.1 suggests that this is a Sophos Central evaluation. If this is the case please post in the Central forum. It's not that the versions are (that) different but the GUI and where to apply specific settings is.

Christian

• I just purchase Sophos Home Premium for my Desktop and laptop after an evaluation on a win 10 laptop. Since I upgraded to Premium, all of my browsers, Chrome, IE, Edge, Opera and Firefox exhibit the same issue. 

If they launch a web page at all, it then will let me open a tab or 2 and then it will freeze. 

It will show as not responding on the browser but not in task manager. 

I Can KILL all but one task of any browser. That task will not kill. In fact shows no activity when I try and kill it. 

I have to do a full power cycle of the PC to get them to start working again. 

• Hi Ralph Sorensen,

If you are using Sophos Home, please raise a support ticket from your Home dashboard to investigate this.

Regards,

Gowtham Mani
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support

Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

Reply Children
No Data