This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Help: Mal/Badsrc-C: what is it / removal help?

Hi. Got Mal/Badsrc-C quarantined on my Sony vaio at the moment. Just got it this morning. I know little about the complexities of computers. Anyone got any advice on what to do with it? The 'perform action' options are only 'move' and 'delete'. I'm worried so advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Knownothing.

:10845

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello Knownothing,

it's a "malicious webpage", as the analysis of Mal/Badsrc-C says. These items are usually detected after the browser has fetched a page (or part of it) and is about to display/use/process it. Sophos has blocked the content but the file is still in the cache. Just choose delete.

Christian 

:10847
  • I'm running a mac and have the same malware listed in the quarantine manager but the "clean up threat" button is not enabled.  I can enable the "clear from List" button if I click the lock to make changes and log in, but is  "clear from list" the same as "delete"?  If not, how can I take care of the problem?

I've read the long explanation on the boards about creating a custom scan for macs, which everyone loves. However, I have not been able to locate the "Scan Local Drives" window in step one.

Thanks in advance for any help.

:14927
  • Hello onetime,

if you are using the free MacHomeAV version the FreeTalk board is the better place to ask. Anyway I'll try to answer at least some of your questions here.

is  "clear from list" the same as "delete"

No. Clear from list just removes the information about the detection and the detected item and doesn't deal with it in any way

the "clean up threat" button is not enabled

As you've found out both buttons are disabled unless you unlock. In addition the status of the Clean Up Threat button depends on the value(s) in the Actions Available column. Which actions are listed? 

how can I take care of the problem

Take a look at the threat details and note the path. It's probably a cache location. You can try to locate the file using Finder. In addition you can check the log (from the Sophos Anti-Virus menu or the menu bar icon open Preferences..., tab Logging, button View Log).  

I have not been able to locate the " Scan Local Drives" window

Please try the following: close all Sophos windows, then either just click the Dock icon or from the menu icon click and select Open Sophos Anti-virus ...

BTW: as Mal/Badsrc-C is usually detected in a cache location the file might no longer be present. A manual scan of the cache (assuming it no longer find the file) should clear it from the list (or - if you are sure the file is gone - you can use Clear From List).

HTH

Christian

:14933
  • Hi So I have the same situation and was wondering: I searched for file in finder and nothing came up where could the file be hidding ? My program is still running searching for other possible virouses do I need to wait till done to search for bug?

:24881
  • The instructions in "Action available" is Clean up Manually . I am not sure how to do that since I tried to find file in finder but did not get any results . any help greatly appreciated 

:24883
  • Hello VBK,

please visit the mentioned forum - http://openforum.sophos.com/ - "Clean up manually" is a recurrent topic there, as well as navigating to a threat's location. And - you'll find much more Mac experts there.

Christian
    :24887
  • If your computer has been infected with Mal/Badsrc-C virus or a kind of any nasty trojan horse virus, then you should go through the link recommended by security researchers in order to get the detailed information about Mal/Badsrc-C virus and its complete removal solution. Thank you..!!

www.removemalwarevirus.com/instructions-to-delete-win32agent-aodj-trj-effectively-from-system

• WSE_Astromenda is recognized as harmful Trojan infection which can infiltrate in the system without any prior notifications. It have ability to disable the system functions as well as security tools. This threat usually attacks different versions of Windows based PC. It carries ability to exploit the vulnerabilities of the system and leads it to destructive situations. After entering in the system, it will modify the registry entries with fake codes or payloads. You will not be able to access your important files due to corruption. Besides this, it will keep its eyes on your online session and collect all the credential information related to bank account number, password, login Id, user names etc. Its long time presence will leads your PC to destructive situations and harms the users identity. Therefore, if you have detected the presence of WSE_Astromenda in your PC then don't waste a single moment in its permanent removal. Learn the best removal instructions from the link which is given below.

Click here: http://www.uninstallamalware.com/easy-way-delete-wse_astromenda