This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SAV32cli - files

Hello,

i have an older Command Line Scanner, which can't download the sophos ide files anymore - because, it's not supported anymore.

Therefore, i copied the ide - files from Sophos Endpoint Securityfolder to the temp - folder of my commmandline scanner.

I started the scanner in safe mode - but the script told me, that there are no files.

I started in normal mode again and checked this folder.

The ide files, which i copied before to this location - where changed from DOT ide   to DOT vba  ??????

Is there a way to change this behavior? - because, it would be easier to me to use this scanner....

Thank's to everyone ho can help me out.

Btw: i know, that i can use directly the command line of sav32cli.exe

I'll just wonna try it out - if it works at all

Actually I wonna try tu use the older CLI from David Lipmann (Multi-AV) to install/run from an USB stick

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi  

Unfortunately, I am not aware of David Lipmann(Multi-AV) CLI scanner but we have Sophos AV scanner available to make the bootable USB scanner.

Please refer to this article which will provide you information on how to make bootable USB stick with Sophos AV to scan.

Regards,

Jasmin
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Support

Sophos Support VideosKnowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts |
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link

• Hello Jasmin,

thank you for your answer.

But, this is about SBAV - i'm searching for informations about using the ide files with/from the sav32cli.exe

Kind Regards

Lothar Peters

• Hi  

Thank you for the information.

SBAV is the only one which can be used to make USB drive for the scanning of any machines. For, sav32cli.exe, the machine should have Sophos installed on it.

Please refer to this article which explains how to run sav32clie.exe and "Further Information" section of this article has two more articles which provide you with more information on more scanning options with sav32cli.exe and how malicious file can be removed with the help of this tool.

Regards,

Jasmin
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Support

Sophos Support VideosKnowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts |
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link

• Hello Lothar Peters,

are you referring to David_H_Lipman? I vaguely remember him asking about sav32sfx.exe (a self-extracting archive containing sav32cli.exe, engine, and threat detection data) no longer being updated several years ago. sav32cli.exe had been discontinued as free tool, it's still available but only as part of the licensed product.

I'm not aware of a script, or the script you are referring to so I can't say what it does (or why something changes the IDEs' extension). Sounds like it is attempting to download the latest IDEs (also no longer available) before calling sav32cli.exe. As the scanner resides in the \Sophos Anti-Virus\ folder together with engine and definitions you should simply run it from there (provided Sophos is installed on the machine and updated) or from a current copy of this folder.

Christian