This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

After download Sophos Endpoint Security however I got error code 41

Hello

I have been using Sophos Home but there are one issue Sophos Home could not fix, I got a link to Sophos Endpoint after download I got the error code 41.

How to fix that?

I can not log in there ether it demands a Tamper password. Where is that password does admin work?

Thanks in advance 

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello Steff Patron,do I understand correctly that Sophos Home was already installed, you had some issue with it you couldn't solve, and subsequently tried to reinstall?
    Error 41 is an "early error", guess during extraction. There should be a log with Extract in its name in your %Temp% directory that should contain a more detailed description of the error.Christian

• Hi QC

Thank you for your answer.

Yeah that is correct I had Sophos Home and it fix a problem that McAffe could not solved however I did not touch Sophos Home when I got the link to Sophos Endpoint I installed and the problem came when I was on my way to finish the installation of Sophos Endpoint. 

"Sophos Endpoint Security error 41" if I remember correct.

Endpoint demand now a password to uninstall and Sophos Home is in the background it is bad.

Are there a easy way to got the password? That a person with the tumb in the middle of the hand can understand. ;)

Best Regards

Steff

• Hello Steff,

according to the FAQ on Tamper Protection there is none in Sophos Home (but I can't say if the article is up-to-date) Could you perhaps provide a screenshot of Programs and Features (where you try to uninstall) and where it demands the password?

Christian

• Hi QC

Enclosed two screen shot that you ask for. :) 

Thank you for your help.

Best Regards
    Steff
Reply Children
No Data