This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

email notifications

I'm new to this product.  I'm running on an ubuntu 14.04 dekstop.

How do I get email notifications?  I have tried to configure them to use my googlemail smtp account (smtp,gmail.com:465) but I get no emails.  I also get no desktop notifications.  All the options in "the Alerts Configuration" Gui page are ticked and set.

Is there any way to get alerts sent to my email address, or to the desktop, or even to a file?

:1020941

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I did have some logs, but they stopped being produced after a few days.

So I'm sorry, but I've given up and uninstalled the product.  There are simply too many problems with this software.  Not just emails, but no notifications to the desktop, the system locking up, many hundreds of errors in syslog, and so on.

The sophos support desk at customercare@sophos.com were moist unhelpful, with several emails insisting I must be using a MAC, which I'm not, and referring to the knowledgebase which had no relevant help.

I'm no expert, but have spent a lifetime in IT, and this product is clearly unsuitable for normal linux desktop usage, even for those prepared to try quite hard to resolve issues.  So I know this type of usage is not your speciality, but it does not seem to be fit for this purpose, so I won't be trying any other sophos products, paid or free.

:1020999
  • I did have some logs, but they stopped being produced after a few days.

So I'm sorry, but I've given up and uninstalled the product.  There are simply too many problems with this software.  Not just emails, but no notifications to the desktop, the system locking up, many hundreds of errors in syslog, and so on.

The sophos support desk at customercare@sophos.com were moist unhelpful, with several emails insisting I must be using a MAC, which I'm not, and referring to the knowledgebase which had no relevant help.

I'm no expert, but have spent a lifetime in IT, and this product is clearly unsuitable for normal linux desktop usage, even for those prepared to try quite hard to resolve issues.  So I know this type of usage is not your speciality, but it does not seem to be fit for this purpose, so I won't be trying any other sophos products, paid or free.

:1020999
Children
No Data