This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Does the sophos linux free version not offer an upgrade?

[root@localhost bin]# ./savupdate -a
Failed to download 'sdds:SOPHOS': invalid authentication. Please check PrimaryUpdateUsername and PrimaryUpdatePassword.
Failed to replicate from all update sources

[root@localhost bin]# ./savsetup --help
Welcome to Sophos Anti-Virus interactive configuration

[1] Display update configuration

Configure primary update source:
[2] From Sophos
[3] From own server

Configure secondary update source:
[4] From Sophos
[5] From own server

[q] Quit
What do you want to do? [1]
> 1

Primary update source address = sophos:
Primary update cache path = /usr/local/sophos/update/cache/Primary
Primary update source username = wajika@126.com
Primary update source password = ********

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello jie chen,

do you mean why it fails to update when you say it does not offer an upgrade?

It did install, didn't it? Did you indeed select the free version during install? Or where did you enter your email as Primary update source username?

Christian

• Yes, I'm not sure the linux free version offers upgrades.

I did choose the free version.

According to the savsetup command, I already have an account.

Primary update source address = sophos:
    Primary update cache path = /usr/local/sophos/update/cache/Primary
    Primary update source username = wajika@126.com
    Primary update source password = ********

• Hello jie chen,

I'd be surprised if it (the free version) no longer creates the credentials automatically. Did you enter this email address (yours?) when you installed? Maybe you misinterpreted a prompt.

Anyway, please see this post how to obtain credentials (yes, it suggests yet another post) for the free version.
    Another option is to uninstall and run the installer again, making sure you make the right choices when prompted.

Christian

• Hello jie chen,

I'd be surprised if it (the free version) no longer creates the credentials automatically. Did you enter this email address (yours?) when you installed? Maybe you misinterpreted a prompt.

Anyway, please see this post how to obtain credentials (yes, it suggests yet another post) for the free version.
    Another option is to uninstall and run the installer again, making sure you make the right choices when prompted.

Christian

Children