The MacOS Intercept X has some serious problems. (I'm running the latest EAP 10.3.0.)
The last update to Big Sur 11.16.1 went well, but then my first login after the update took 45 minutes to get to the point that all of my apps were up. Ridiculously slow. This was with the current non-EAP version.
Same with Monterey, using Intercept X EAP. It took 15 minutes to get from the login screen to my desktop, and then I went to bed it was taking so long for the applications to fully launch.
Right now, the networkextension is running at 200% CPU continuously, even when network traffic is low, so my fan is running continuously:
We have 11 macos clients using 10.3.3 that had such poor performance we had to remove Sophos Endpoint. Ticket being raised.
I'm having the same issue too. Starting up from a cold boot takes forever to load to the desktop. If i use the power button to force shutdown and power it on again, it loads somewhat normal. This is not acceptable for our user experience. This happens on both Sophos Endpoint and Home Premium. This is reoccurring for me every morning, not just from post OS upgrade.
For the Sophos Central managed endpoint, I recommend signing up for the EAP for macOS. This will move you to version 10.3.0 of the NetworkExtension as well as the ScanExtension. The update is geared towards addressing many concerns with performance.
For the Home version, I was able to inquire internally and found that there’s an update that will finish rolling out today which includes many of the same fixes as the EAP for the Central managed AV.
If you were looking for specifics surrounding the Sophos Home client, it would be best to inquire with the Sophos Home team directly. If you continue to face issues with the Central managed AV, feel free to reach back out on this thread.
We are still experiencing this issue eve installed 10.3.0. Especially back from sleep mode. Chrome doesn’t start properly also. The computers without Sophos are running ok.
BTW. I just found my Sophos got upgraded to 10.3.1.
we have the same issue with Mac OS 12.0.1 running 10.3.1. A hard reboot corrected the issue (boot up was at the 1 hour mark). I moved the mac into the EAP for macOS.