I have tried this on two machines, both running Mac OS High Sierra
1) Installation works,
2) initially icon in toolbar shows update happening (the animated downward arrow), then
3) a grey "S" icon appears in the menu saying "your computer is protected"
4) then the "S" icon disappears and it never comes back.
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times, to no avail.
The files do apparently seem to update in the background since I see the time stamp on the antivirus files change
But I cannot access the Sophos Premium program.
I have tried the following:
1) based on old (9 yrs old) blog posts here, searched for the "SophosUIServer.app" in Library that one user said needed to be added to login items, but I could not find an app of that name
2) opened /Applications/Sophos and clicked on "Sophos Home" -- nothing happens ; clickjed on "Sophos Scan" and the "program" loads but gives me no options, just shows a pop up info window ; clicked on "Sophos Network Extension" can't be used with OsX 10.13 according to the error message.
I'm at a loss here; can anyone help?
Hi Jason H,
Have you tried performing these additional steps for Mac OS 10.13? https://support.home.sophos.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005363986-System-Extension-Blocked-appears-on-new-installations-on-MacOS-High-Sierra-10-13