This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SafeGuard Client 7 with Fileshare causes slow transfer rate

Hello together,

we have a few clients (WIN7), that do slow network transfer rates.

We have 1GB Network, so the max. rate could be 125 Megabyte/second.

My test: I copy a ~ 7,5GB encrypted folder, with 2244 files from a networkshare right to the Desktop.

Without the Safeguard Client (deinstallation) a made a test. It got about 100+- Megabytes/Second.

With Safeguard Client, on most clients it goes down to ~70+- Megabytes/Second. I think that comes from SafeGuard and its policies? Checking, if it has to de/encrypt files, based on where the destination is?

But then, there are a few clients. Same SafeGuard set up as below, the transfer rate goes down to 6 - 30 Megabytes/Second. Why are those few sooo slow?

I did change NIC, driver update, different switches/ports. It must be SafeGuard, because deinstallation shows about 100 Megabytes/Second.

SGN Management Center 8.00.2.16

Client 7.00.2.35

Preinstall 7.00.2.35

Anyone any idea?

Thank you!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Reinhard,

The reason why the transfer rate slows down, could be of two possible reasons as explained below:

1. As the unencrypted files are transferred to the Safeguard installed machine, as per the policy Safeguard encryption is making sure all the files are encrypted, hence every file transferred is encrypted thus slowing down the transfer rate. 

2. It is also possible that the Antivirus Software you have on your machine is scanning the incoming files. It will scan every file during the transfer and thus the transfer rate is slow.

If the reason is due to Safeguard Encryption, it is working the way it is supposed to be, but if the reason is latter, then you can try disabling the Antivirus software and check the transfer rate.

Haridoss Sreenivasan
    Technical Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.