This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos Central Device Encryption - Password (OSX)

Hi

I was just wondering if you can change the password for the Sophos Central Device Encryption.

Is this as simple as changing the user password via System Preferences?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Samuel,

Please do brief a little more about what password are you referring to? So that I would be able to get you the right solution.

Haridoss Sreenivasan
    Technical Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Hi Haridoss

Sorry, Well OSX has two types of passwords. One is the master password (which by default is not set/it is used to overide other user's passwords), and the second one is the user password (which mine is the Administrator type user). The Administrator user password is currently set on my endpoint.

I have not set up the Sophos Central Device Encryption yet, as I'm unsure as to if I go ahead with the encryption, my current user password will be set in stone.

I did initially enabled the encryption and a prompt showed asking for my OSX user password, with an option to postpone or encrypt.

I was just wondering if after encrypting the internal drives on the OSX endpoint, if I was then able to change the encryption password via the OSX user settings (if the encryption/osx user password were one in the same or not)...

I hope this is clear enough to understand what I'm talking about!

Cheers :)

• Hi Haridoss

Sorry, Well OSX has two types of passwords. One is the master password (which by default is not set/it is used to overide other user's passwords), and the second one is the user password (which mine is the Administrator type user). The Administrator user password is currently set on my endpoint.

I have not set up the Sophos Central Device Encryption yet, as I'm unsure as to if I go ahead with the encryption, my current user password will be set in stone.

I did initially enabled the encryption and a prompt showed asking for my OSX user password, with an option to postpone or encrypt.

I was just wondering if after encrypting the internal drives on the OSX endpoint, if I was then able to change the encryption password via the OSX user settings (if the encryption/osx user password were one in the same or not)...

I hope this is clear enough to understand what I'm talking about!

Cheers :)

Children
No Data