This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Machine auto restart after entering recovery Key

I have sophos Safeguard Encryption 7.00.0. It is laptop with Windows 7 professional 64-bit. last successful password recovery done on 24 June.

In this laptop, when performed recovery Key to unlock the machine today, just after sophos recovery key the machine auto restarts and again come at lock screen. While performing recovery i am getting a popup on my recovery console: Flush of SGN local cache expected.

I am able to login in machine with safe mode. I want to know below points;

1. Is that happened due to sophos? Because its 2nd time in this month with any computer.

2. If it is due to sophos, which log file need to be verified to find out the reason.

3. PLease do not suggest that local cache corrupt factors doc or recovery doc. I have those. I just want to know if that is the issue due to sophos or any other windows issue. Need proof on logs where we can check.

As per sophos local cache got corrupted and perform data backup. They are just attaching predefined docs and not even reading email properly.

Its my first question in forum so please ignore if wrote anything wrong.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Naveen,

We can think of multiple reasons on this issue, Please check the following:

1. try doing a recovery without a User Name

2. Please check if the Safeguard Local cache is been accessed/modified by any program installed. Usually, AV can cause problems with local cache corruption.

3. Disk Defragment programs could also be a possible reason. If they move the local cache file it may cause this issue.

Let me know if this helps resolve your query.

Haridoss Sreenivasan
    Technical Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.