This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Is it possible to have more than one owner?

Is a user able to be an owner on more than one machine? Is that you can be an owner on one machine and guest on another?

In the console, I first when to the 2nd machine and moved user account to machine and selected to save changes, Had TM do sync on their end and reboot, status changed from guest to pending. A reboot was issued and it Sophos did a auto logon of POA and then proceeded to Sophos/windows login screen. Do you know why it bypassed POA and went to Sophos/windows logon screen?

I then tried to remove owner for the 2nd machine and added the machine to user account, so now it shows the two machines in the console one the owner and the 2nd can become owner. saved changes, TM did sync and reboot. Status is still pending. it was guest in the originally, but when I made the 2nd machine owner it changed to status.

Any insight would great and very much appreciated.

Thank you,

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Shawnton, 

Is a user able to be an owner on more than one machine? Is that you can be an owner on one machine and guest on another?

Either way, it is possible.

In the console, I first when to the 2nd machine and moved user account to machine and selected to save changes, Had TM do sync on their end and reboot, status changed from guest to pending. A reboot was issued and it Sophos did a auto logon of POA and then proceeded to Sophos/windows login screen. Do you know why it bypassed POA and went to Sophos/windows logon screen?

In this scenario, we need to check the Authentication Policy from Safeguard Management Console to see if the POA is enabled.

I then tried to remove owner for the 2nd machine and added the machine to user account, so now it shows the two machines in the console one the owner and the 2nd can become owner. saved changes, TM did sync and reboot. Status is still pending. it was guest in the originally, but when I made the 2nd machine owner it changed to status.

If it is in Pending state, it means that the communication between the Client and the Manager is fine, and it is trying to collect the required information. When you log off and login to the machine are you logging in using the Safeguard Credential Provider or Windows credential Provider?

Haridoss Sreenivasan
    Technical Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Hi Shawnton, 

Either way, it is possible.

In the console, I first when to the 2nd machine and moved user account to machine and selected to save changes, Had TM do sync on their end and reboot, status changed from guest to pending. A reboot was issued and it Sophos did a auto logon of POA and then proceeded to Sophos/windows login screen. Do you know why it bypassed POA and went to Sophos/windows logon screen?

In this scenario, we need to check the Authentication Policy from Safeguard Management Console to see if the POA is enabled.

I then tried to remove owner for the 2nd machine and added the machine to user account, so now it shows the two machines in the console one the owner and the 2nd can become owner. saved changes, TM did sync and reboot. Status is still pending. it was guest in the originally, but when I made the 2nd machine owner it changed to status.

If it is in Pending state, it means that the communication between the Client and the Manager is fine, and it is trying to collect the required information. When you log off and login to the machine are you logging in using the Safeguard Credential Provider or Windows credential Provider?

Haridoss Sreenivasan
    Technical Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

Children