This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Decrypt and uninstall Sophos v5.50

Hi,

I have an old work laptop for personal use, that has Windows 7 and Sophos v5.50, I would like to reinstall windows on it but no longer work at the company it was supplied by so am not able to hook into IT support.

Is there a way to remove and Decrypt and uninstall Sophos v5.50 but leaving Windows as it is so I can reinstall windows at later date.

Thanks & rgrds

Darren

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Darren,

Have you seen this document? 

Thank you,

Bob

• Hi Bob,

Tried to follow the doc but could not find anywhere on the pc where to check for the tamper protection.

I then moved onto the next steps and the only app to uninstall related to Sophos / Safeguard is Sophos Safeguard 5.50.1 client, i try to uninstall it but get the following error:

Error 25200 Uninstallation is not possible because a policy does not allow it.

I've checked policies on pc and can not find anything related, checked in local policy Security Policy and Group Policy mgt

I did manage to uninstall the following:

Sophos Safeguard preinstall 5.50.1 and Sophos Safeguard 5.50.1 client Configuration

• Hello Darren,

seems that Uninstallation allowed was set to No in the last SafeGuard (not any Windows) policy. I fear you can't work around this (you'd at least need an appropriate Client Configuration package).

Christian

• Hi Christian,

Does that mean I need a new hard disk? or can i wipe the current one without corruption and install fresh windows then?

• Hello Darren,

You can simply format the hard disk.  The simplest way round this when installing Windows from CD or USB is to delete the current Windows partition and let the installer create a now one.  This will then format the drive and install a fresh instance Windows over the top.

Bill.

• Hello Darren,

You can simply format the hard disk.  The simplest way round this when installing Windows from CD or USB is to delete the current Windows partition and let the installer create a now one.  This will then format the drive and install a fresh instance Windows over the top.

Bill.

Children