This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Client install error Windows 10 1803

Hi,

I am getting this error when trying to install the client installer via cmd.

Product: Sophos SafeGuard Client 8.10.0.323 -- Error 1935. An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft.VC80.CRT,version="8.0.50727.6195",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",processorArchitecture="amd64",type="win32"'. Please refer to Help and Support for more information. HRESULT: 0x80073715. assembly interface: IAssemblyCacheItem, function: Commit, component: {844EFBA7-1C24-93B2-A01F-C8B3B9A1E18E}

I have searched and a couple of proposed fixes

https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/124301

Was already on version 8.0.2 so on the back of that i upgraded my server to 8.10 and updated all the client installers, pre install and poa.

which didn't fix the issue

This suggest fix refers to windows 1709 which i do not have this option in the latest 1803

https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/128152

So wasn't able to try that.

I use had been using: MSIEXEC /i c:\SGN\SGNclient64.msi POACFG=c:\SGN\POACFG_8_10.xml  With the latest client, then running the patch afterwards. Thought maybe the patch fixed the issue so tried running the patch but didn't work because it didn't detect the client to patch it so then i tried this: MSIEXEC /i c:\SGN\SGNclient64.msi PATCH=C:\SGN\SGN8005Patch1804_x64.msp POACFG=c:\SGN\POACFG_8_10.xml  to install the client and patch at the same time. Different error altogether.

Any ideas?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Just to add to this I have realised that the error with the patch is because i am on the latest version 8.10 so the patch is no longer relevant.

But i still have the original issue of being unable to install the client version 8.0.x and why i upgraded to 8.10 and still had the issue.

I've never had a issue up until this point which indicates it's a issue with the machine or Windows 1803.

I am installing as a non Admin user but i am running CMD as admin. That being said i did also try local admin user, same issue.

• Just to add to this I have realised that the error with the patch is because i am on the latest version 8.10 so the patch is no longer relevant.

But i still have the original issue of being unable to install the client version 8.0.x and why i upgraded to 8.10 and still had the issue.

I've never had a issue up until this point which indicates it's a issue with the machine or Windows 1803.

I am installing as a non Admin user but i am running CMD as admin. That being said i did also try local admin user, same issue.

Children
No Data