9.4 Beta 2 WLAN Problem

Nach dem Update auf die 9.4 Beta 2, war mein AP10 nicht mehr erreichbar :/ Laut Log bekommt der AP per DHCP eine IP-Adresse, jedoch sehe ich keinen Eintrag im Wireless Protection Log, was auf den Fehler hindeutet. Der letzte Eintag war das senden der Firmware auf den AP10.

• I have the same issue too. I had to revert to UTM 9.4 update 1 and reflash my AP10

• have you looked in the firmware folder in shell? - Is the Ap10 firmware removed?

You can also look in the Wifi log, when the device starts, it will list all available firmwares.

-----

Best regards
    Martin

Sophos XGS 2100 @ Home | Sophos v20 Architect

• Hi,

Thanks, I hadn't thought of that...

I've kind of ran out of time now, so will wait for the next beta/production release.

• Hi,

I upgraded today to the latest beta and after it upgraded my AP30 Units both of them stopped to function.

At the status they appeared inactive.

I had to revert to oldest version and re-flash both units with the AP/RED flash tool and then reconnect them to the UTM.

The last update has KILLED both AP30, DON'T UPDATE TO THIS VER !!!!!!!

Gil

Gil Peled.

CEO- Expert2IT LTD.

SOPHOS Platinum Partner.

Gil@expert2it.co.Il.

• Kann jemand von Sophos sagen, ob das bis zum Softrelease noch behoben wird ?

Oder gibt es schon einen Fix / Patch ?

• Hi,

yes our Wifi team is working on a patch. As far as we know, AP10, AP30 and AP50 will be stuck in a reboot loop when running Beta2. Of course this will be fixed in the next release.

/talex

/talex

- 21 is only half of the truth

• Hi,

Thats nice to know, but hey, we the beta testers are doing our best to test new features but you need to remember that we are doing it on our environments.

You also have to do some tests before you release such a faulty update.

For me it took half a day to restore all the system to functionality, restoring the UTM to lower version, then refreshing the AP30s with the flush tool.

Even if it is a beta it is still Sophos QA responsibility to check those updates.

Please do more effort to check things before releasing.

Gil Peled

CEO - Expert2IT LTD. 

Gil Peled.

CEO- Expert2IT LTD.

SOPHOS Platinum Partner.

Gil@expert2it.co.Il.

• You are absolutely right and there were tests run before we released that version. We are going to look how this could happen. Sorry.

/talex

/talex

- 21 is only half of the truth

• Gil, 

You have to understand that this is a BETA product, I will say in Sophos' defense that a beta product should not be installed within any production environment, unless you are prepared to spend time diagnosing any issues.

I've been testing beta software for years now, and I cannot safely say that any release I've had has not had issues that would need to be resolved before putting into production, this goes for beta software such as windows, mac os x, iOS and other related systems - the idea of these releases is to assist the vendor in resolving issues that present themselves over the duration of the beta program.

Unfortunately, it is impossible for Sophos to be able to test every release with all devices, there are just too many variations for this to happen, this again is why there is a beta release to those that are brave enough to take the bath of bugs and uncertainties.

Just think, with all our help in reporting the bugs, we are assisting all the other people out there ensuring that they get a great product.

Regards

Tim

XNSYS Ltd.

Tim Grantham

Enterprise Architect & Business owner

• Hi TIM,

I totally agree we what you have wrote.

I am also testing releases for long years.

That can happen, and still in this case it should not happen.

I love Sophos and we sell lots of Sophos products / solutions because they are really great.

The thing is that in this scenario no FIX will to the trick to recover this issue and only manual flush of the units will help because they stuck in rebooting mode.

This is a thing that should not happen even in beta, and such a firmware update to the AP need to be deeply investigate because the recovery is problematic.

I will always continue to install beta versions to help all of us and Sophos to improve.

Best regards,

Gil Peled

CEO - Exprtt2it LTD. 

Gil Peled.

CEO- Expert2IT LTD.

SOPHOS Platinum Partner.

Gil@expert2it.co.Il.