BUG: IPv6 Prefix Delegation over PPPoE broken

reported this in 9.3 aswell,

when setting up WAN Connection over PPPoE the sophos is unable to get a prefix delegated to use for IPv6. 

other routers i tested are able to get a /48 IPv6 Prefix with the same connection.

Parents
  • Yeah, doing something like that :)
    Using my old OpenWRT router. Router gets the /48 prefix perfectly. Assigned my Sophos a static IPv6 address on the WAN interface.
    My internal network gets a /64. OpenWRT has a static route to this subnet. The clients are getting their address via the Prefix Advertisement.
    Downside of this solution, except extra hardware and NAT, all the outgoing traffic is using my Sophos WAN IPv6 address :(

Sophos, fix it please! I'd except a bug like this to be in cheap consumer hardware, not in professional/enterprise level hard/software.
  • yes, but with the mikrotik you can perfectly set it up and assign a 56 prefix for example to the sophos fully working. But this can't be a permanent solution because of other problems of course. That beeing said, Mikrotik are real nice Endpoint Devices for Networking in front of a sophos for the price they cost if you want to avoid PPPoE Issues.

---

Sophos UTM 9.3 Certified Engineer

• 9.4 Beta2: IPv6 Prefix Delegation over PPPoE still broken

oddly enough ppp0 is getting marked as dhcpv6 for prefix delegation now

---

Sophos UTM 9.3 Certified Engineer

Reply Children