Still don't get it, no replacement on market for UTM 9

Sophos, (sry for the bad english, no native speaker here)

why the heck do u kill this excellent product in favor for your XG whatever product, which is miles away from the UTM 9 instead putting all efforts in getting the UMT9 up to date ?

i can't get it. it's ridiculous.

after playing arround with XG , pfsense , untangle and how all this other crap is called, NOTHING comes close to the UTM 9, NOTHING !

and i don't say this because i don't wanna learn a new system, it's just the lack of features in those systems and logic how things are sorted.

What's wrong with u people to drop the UTM 9 ? Sryl ?!

I can't understand those management guys  and if i would be in charge, i would fire those guys.

geez it's just unbeliveable annoying how bad all those other firewalls are, expect the enterprise ones,

which are a simple no go for soho , mid size business , and so on.

i am so mad right now.....

e
[bearbeitet von: WolfgangS um 11:28 PM (GMT -7) am 27 Aug 2023]
Parents
  • You don't know how right you are.

I've lost the "voice" and the desire to show how much, but how much is understandable (just think about the custom-made framework for UTM 9, incomparable with the one not designed for a firewall interface like Sophos Firewall).

Furthermore, I don't understand why, as a customer, Sophos will maintain UTM 9 for AWS and no longer the standalone version....

What a pity, but do we really need to focus only on strategies that, from the customer's perspective, bring only disillusionment and debugging work, and rush (and coercion) to purchase the license that covers until June 30, 2026, by June 30, 2023... I'm bitter, not to mention the costs between UTM 9 and Sophos Firewall...

• You don't know how right you are.

I've lost the "voice" and the desire to show how much, but how much is understandable (just think about the custom-made framework for UTM 9, incomparable with the one not designed for a firewall interface like Sophos Firewall).

Furthermore, I don't understand why, as a customer, Sophos will maintain UTM 9 for AWS and no longer the standalone version....

What a pity, but do we really need to focus only on strategies that, from the customer's perspective, bring only disillusionment and debugging work, and rush (and coercion) to purchase the license that covers until June 30, 2026, by June 30, 2023... I'm bitter, not to mention the costs between UTM 9 and Sophos Firewall...

Children
No Data