This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

115w - do these actually work?

Set up our first 115w today and ran into problems when we got to enabling wireless.  A guest network set up in a separate zone worked fine, but trying to set up another network that will share the main LAN appears to be impossible.  Choosing "bridge with AP LAN" results in being unable to check the box to assign the network to the access point.

Called support and their less-than-impressive response was "umm I don't think it should do that but I don't really know and let me escalate this and someone will reach out in a few hours" but of course no one has.

Anyone know if there is a bug that prevents this from working the way it's supposed to on these new integrated boxes?

Thanks!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Do you have an SG 1x5w with a built-in wireless AP?

Cheers - Bob

Hey Bob,

Sorry, I was away on business and forgot about my other clients' needs :/

Yes, I have this issue on two different Sophos boxes. One is a 105W and the other is a 115W.

Thanks,
    Mark
  • Support confirmed today that internal wifi is still broken under 9.309

Our 115w is unusable. The rep told us 9.310 would resolve it - of course that was untrue and it's still unusable. Had to deploy a Unifi unit for the time being.

Definitely not ordering any more integrated wifi units!
  • I tried this on Friday, and after installing 9.310, am still having issues.  I was able to successfully setup the bridge, however....
    1. I cannot get DHCP through the wireless (bridged to AP LAN) from our internal server.
    2. Neither the wired nor wireless devices can ping out nor browse the internet.  I have checked my NAT rules and masquerading also.  From the UTM, I can ping out by DNS and IP address and can ping the internal server.

I have a ticket open with support, but I think that I am going to have to reload it and put in an AP-15 temporarily.  Device is a 115W.
  • I ran into the same problem today. I also wanted to add the HA Port as an additional port for my AP15, which doesn't work either. My box is a sg105w and my firmware is 9.310-11.
  • I could manage to get it to work. If you add the HA Port (for which you have to disable HA frist) into the same ethernet bridge, the AP will get the config via HA (eth3) port. 
    The workaround from BAlfson works correctly, although i had to disable the eth1 port to be able to log back in at eth0.
  • I'm using a SG115W with 9.312-8 and internal Wifi will not work.

I tried this: https://www.sophos.com/de-de/support/knowledgebase/122080.aspx

It doesn't work too. I only want an access point to connect my WLAN devices to my local LAN. With other dedicated access points no problems.

Any ideas?
  • Pelemu, if all you want is to have an SSID bridged to your LAN, just select "Bridge to LAN" when configuring it.  The workaround I described in Post #10 is no longer necessary.  The link you provided here is to an article about how you can have an SSID bridged with two interfaces - I don't think that's what you want.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Bob,

at the wireless network I can only select "Bridge to AP LAN". "Bridge to LAN" doesn't exist.
    When I do not create a bridge interface as described in knowledgebase article 122080 I can not authenticate my notebook at the WLAN of SG 115 W.
    When I create a bridge interface as described in knwoledgebase article 122080 I can connect to WLAN and will be authenticated but get no connection to LAN.

Any further ideas?

Kind regards,
    Peter
  • I didn't follow the KnowledgeBase article's explanation, Peter, so I don't know if it should work or not.  The workaround I described in Post #10 is guaranteed to work.  If it doesn't, you have another problem.

Cheers - Bob
    PS I wonder if this problem could be related to a bug that preventing some people here from joining an SSID bridged to a LAN...

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • I didn't follow the KnowledgeBase article's explanation, Peter, so I don't know if it should work or not.  The workaround I described in Post #10 is guaranteed to work.  If it doesn't, you have another problem.

Cheers - Bob
    PS I wonder if this problem could be related to a bug that preventing some people here from joining an SSID bridged to a LAN...

MediaSoft, Inc. USA