This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

115w - do these actually work?

Set up our first 115w today and ran into problems when we got to enabling wireless.  A guest network set up in a separate zone worked fine, but trying to set up another network that will share the main LAN appears to be impossible.  Choosing "bridge with AP LAN" results in being unable to check the box to assign the network to the access point.

Called support and their less-than-impressive response was "umm I don't think it should do that but I don't really know and let me escalate this and someone will reach out in a few hours" but of course no one has.

Anyone know if there is a bug that prevents this from working the way it's supposed to on these new integrated boxes?

Thanks!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Thanks, Drew, I think we both owe each other a beer or two for good tips! [;)]

Cheers  - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Sophos has resolved this for us on the sales side with hardware for the time being, allowing us to get operational without using the workaround, which we want to avoid because it means reconfiguring everything down the road once the bug actually gets fixed.  Will report back once the software fix is in!
  • Pesos, the problem is that WebAdmin won't let you bridge a wireless interface with a NIC that already has an Interface defined on it.  The workaround is a way to get the same result that you will get when the bug is fixed.

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • GA-Release of UTM 9.309 is available via up2date now...

Bugfixes:
    34302 SG W-Appliances: Not possible to assign a Bridge to AP LAN SSID to internal WIFI

I'll test that in the next days.

-----------------------------------
    UTM Certified Engineer
    XG Certified Architect
    Central Certified Architect

Sophos Platinum Partner

• Hi, i have a SG W-Appliances with Version 9.309. Now is it possible to change Client traffic in: "in AP LAN bridgen". 

But how i must configure it?
    I think the loclwifi0 and the internal-interface must be in the  same IP-Range.
  • I have set this up with v9.309, but there is no way any clients get an ip adress from the internal DHCP server. It just doesn't happen. I have tried "everything". 

Has anyone gotten this to work? Without the workaround?
  • Hi, Trobi, and welcome to the User BB!

You still must create "InternalW" as a "Standalone Interface," change the 'Type' of the Internal interface to "Ethernet Bridge" and select the new wireless interface to bridge with it.

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi, Trobi, and welcome to the User BB!

You still must create "InternalW" as a "Standalone Interface," change the 'Type' of the Internal interface to "Ethernet Bridge" and select the new wireless interface to bridge with it.

Cheers - Bob

Hey Bob,

I do not seem to have "Standalone Interface" as an option when creating a new wifi (9.309-3)...am I being thick?
  • Do you have an SG 1x5w with a built-in wireless AP?

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Bob,
    i have the Same Problem like "markbolo".

I do not seem the "Standalone Interface" in Client Traffic.