This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to upgrade wildcard certificates on a Virtual Web Server?

We use wildcard certificates with most of our websites. It has been tedious with Sophos since it tries to be helpful and pulls the domain names from the cert and uses them as the default. We need more granular control of the domain on our virtual webservers, so I delete the defaults and enter the domains I am publishing. The problem is that there is a bug in the Virtual Webserver form that if you expand the "Advanced" option after entering the custom domains, Sophos deletes all custom entries and reverts to the default wildcard domains. Tedious when you forget to expand "Advanced" first.

Anyways, now my wildcard is expiring and I need to upgrade the certificate. I uploaded the new certificate, went to the virtual webserver, selected it and all of my custom domains were once again deleted in favor of the defaults. Luckily I noticed and didn't click save.

So this is a pain when you have lots of domains and virtual web servers in use. Every time you enter this info, you run the risk of typos. Anyone know of a way to work around this "feature" without having to recreate everything?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.