This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can't access websites in Transparent Mode. SophosUTM 9.4

OK, this is the first time I have ever used a hardware firewall so I'm feeling my way round. I have some network knowledge but I'm not an expert. The other posts don't quite answer my problems so I will try and list them here.

The hardware is running in transparent mode (I believe), as in, my existing router functions normally and the Sophos box sits in between the router and the LAN. DHCP comes from my router. 2 of the LAN ports n the Sophos box are bridged for WAN.

After installing and setting up the software I managed to get most of it working OK except for the Web Protection part. I have followed instructions on Youtube and various other sources to try and understand the complexities. Certificates have been installed where necessary.

Here are the issues I have in transparent mode:

1. Only Youtube seems to work; all the others time out.

2. 2 of my NASes, which worked previously, are no longer detected. They seem to be having a DHCP problem. 2 other computers work normally.

3. Can't update Endpoint clients with Web Filtering on or in Transparent Mode.

4. When I first try to open the interface page to login it tells me javascript is off. It isn't off. I do use NoScript in my browser but have whitelisted the web interface IP address/Port. I just refresh the page it it clears the error and gives me the login screen.

5. If I use Transparent Mode, whitelisting blocked URLs in Policies makes no difference.

I am currently running it in Standard Mode with "do not proxy HTTPS traffic" unchecked and it all works normally but I would like to be able to get Transparent Mode working as it seems to be a more secure method, from what I read.

Please remember I am a novice at this but am learning along the way. I've tried to explain things as best I can. Update log attached.

Thanks in advance.SophosUpdate.log

This thread was automatically locked due to age.