This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Slow Outlook start when using proxy

Hi, there,

on a customer's site I have a SG 210 running 9.605 (current). I used to use the webfilter proxy (running in standard mode) to control outgoing web traffic, worked fine for over a year. The customer also uses an internaly hosted Exchange server, there's a split DNS set up, so autodiscover.domain.tld and all the other domains resolve to internal IP addresses.

A few weeks ago I had to add another network for a sister company that moved in, they now also use the same UTM. This also worked fine ...but... since then, starting Outlook takes ages. On some PCs, it also takes 5 minutes to start Outlook. After that, everything is fine, and web surfing generally is not affected.

The problem disappears as soon as I open the relevant ports in Network Protection and switch off the proxy (via removing the WPAD hostname in the internal DNS).

I added several exceptions to Microsoft sites in the Web Protection exceptions, to no avail. As soon as I use the proxy Outlook slows down.

Has anyone here met the same problems? Any advice would be welcome

Thanks in advance

Dirk

This thread was automatically locked due to age.