This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Blocking some streaming radio via Web Protection, Application Control Rules makes no effect

Hello,

My goal was to block some live radio streaming traffic for all users. In particular, I was hunting after the ShoutCast.

First, in the Flow Monitor, I noticed, this ShoutCast is being continuously used all days long. So, I clicked the button to block it. Confirmation message came up and a new rule was created in Web Protection, Application Control Rules:

This had no effect. Then, I added another rule to block any "Streaming Media" and "Streaming Media and Messaging" with Productivity <= 1 and Risk <= 5 (this would still allow YouTube):

This also had no effect. I can still see that some users are streaming the radio from the ShoutCast.

My UTM is 9.506-2
Web Filtering is enabled, Mode is transparent; HTTPS Scan Settings are URL filtering only.
There are several profiles configured for different groups of computers to allow/block Internet access for specific periods of time. Everything works as expected. So, my media streaming condition I want to apply additionally to URL filtering only for those groups who is allowed to general Internet at that time.

Am I missing something? I would appreciate any advise.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.