This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Chrome browser facilitates proxy bypass?

I have been using Standard Mode Web Proxy for some time, and thought it was working pretty well.  Recently, I began adding Transparent Mode Web to catch the "crumbs" that bypass the standard proxy.   I have been surprised by the amount of non-browser traffic that bypasses the proxy. 

Some of the Transparent-mode traffic has been attributable to known fat-client applications, such as my AntiVirus, Skype, GoToMyPC, Adobe Auto-Update.   Some is traceable to Microsoft stuff by the UserAgent string - Microsoft Office, Microsoft BITS, Microsoft Crypto API.

The biggest surprise is that Google Chrome seems to be allowing traffic to bypass the proxy.  On a representative user, it was 25% of his total web traffic.   Many of the URLs appear to be tracking and advertising sites, none appear to be operating system overhead.

I have not yet repeated the tests for an Internet Explorer user (if there are any left...)

Has anyone else seen similar results?   Does anyone understand why I am seeing this result?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.