This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

We've been locked out of our UTM appliance - help

Hi all,

Firstly apologies, we're new to these devices and have little or no experience of them.

We have a Sophos UTM device (Software that seems to have been installed on a Dell server?). It is used to terminate a site to site VPN between our branch office in Thailand and our European datacentre. We used to access the device from the local LAN on port 4444, however yesterday the VPN went down and we can no longer access the UTM web portal. The device is responding to ping, but no other ports whatsoever.

Today I received an email from the Thai supplier asking for our renewal PO. Now I may be a little naïve here, but as we cant log into the device to update the license, I can see how we can renew it. He is now saying that he can do it remotely.

This looks to me like we are being held to ransom.

Does anyone know if it is normal for access to a UTM device to be blocked when the license expires? I'm concerned that this local Thai supplier is behaving unethically.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.