This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Netflix - I'm really stumped

After months of troubleshooting, we have finally traced all our Netflix problems to the Sophos UTM firewall.

We have a Samsung Smart TV. We stream Netflix to it.  We have run the whole house through Sophos UTM for the whole time, nearly 2 years.  It has been 100% rock solid until December 2014. Suddenly Netflix started throwing an error "tvp-811 we’re having trouble playing this title right now."

We tried everything.  I spent over 15 hours on the phone both with Samsung and Netflix engineers.  We reflashed the firmware on the tv, reinstalled the netflix app, changed it to another country, in short, we did EVERYTHING.  Nothing got rid of the error.  Samsung and Netflix support gave up.

In desperation, I rigged a cable down to the TV and bypassed the Sophos firewall.  Amazingly, the error went away.  I could stream a video for over 30 minutes with no error.  I reconnected Sophos back and the error immediately returned.

Then I started disabling options in Sophos.  I turned off QOS, Application Control, Advanced threat protection, everything I could find.  In each case, the netflix stream continued to die in 2 - 7 minutes.

I have spent months on this issue.  I am out of ideas. Again, Netflix worked before for years, until an update (I don't know exactly which one) from Sophos.  Now it is unusable.  We are currently on 9.305-4.

I have no rules blocking the TV.  It is pass-through, wide open, no blocking of any kind.

Another thing.  This only affects Netflix.  Everything else works, like YouTube, Amazon streaming, etc.  If I bypass Sophos, everything is good again.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.